Delivering Projects On Time and On Budget
According to the Bureau of Resources and Energy Economics’ Gas Market Report 2012, Australia is one of the leading nations in Oil & Gas development, especially in LNG where it is well placed to become the world’s second largest exporter of LNG by 2015. With its proximity to Asia, rising energy demand and the home to over 70% of the world’s total LNG liquefaction capacity under construction, Australia is faced with an unprecedented opportunity.
However the growing demand for energy, coupled with a rapid expansion in Oil & Gas projects and an on-going skills shortage and rising labour costs, mean profit margins in this lucrative market are under threat due to an increasing number of projects cost blow outs.
A key factor in recent project cost blow-outs is the remote location of Australia’s gas reserves, requiring a significant amount of infrastructure investment. With projects at the risk of being shelved, now is the perfect time for industry to come together and take a closer look at gas infrastructure delivery, design and construction in order to create more efficiency, reduce capital expenditure and delivery some of the world’s biggest projects.
IQPC’s Gas Infrastructure Delivery, Design and Construction Summit 2013 will bring together key industry thought leaders including oil & gas operators, EPC’s, Government Agencies and Regulators, Contractors and solutions providers to explore innovation in civil and structural engineering to ensure some of the world’s biggest projects are deliver on time and on budget.
The event will address strategies on:
- Identifying critical success factors for effective project execution in the Oil & Gas industry
- Challenges associated with the rapid expansion in LNG production
- Managing Megaproject capital
- Mitigating the level of commercial risk by improving your contract management capabilities
- Assessing the role of the client relationship in constructability
- Financing Solutions for Modular Camps
- Workforce planning and development for the CSG to LNG industry
- Detailing mitigation strategies in complying with environmental restrains
- Getting project environmental approvals correct and practical the first time
- Navigating the regulatory framework and the channel access policies
- Exploring offshore fabricators and understanding delivery risks
Benefits of Attending the Event:
This event has been designed through extensive industry research to address challenges, opportunities and highlight innovation on some of Australia’s biggest Oil & Gas Projects. Presentations will center around specific design, construction and environmental challenges in delivering these projects n time and on budget. The event is an industry forum dedicated to learning, networking and sharing of ideas.
The content of presentations will reflect:
- General strategic approach to developing a realistic design and construction programme
- How to establish and maintain a realistic budget
- Setting accurate revenue & cash-flow projections
- Negotiating strategies with suppliers and contractors
- Managing teams throughout the project
- How to apply contingencies and risk mitigation for both budget and programme
Who Will You Meet at the Event?
- Engineering Superintendent
- Terminal Manager/Engineer
- Project Manager
- Structural Engineer/Manager/Superintendent
- Project Manager
- Construction Manager/Lead
- Lead Planner
- Geotechnical Engineer
- (Chief) Estimator
- Quantity Surveyor
- Head of Commercial/Commercial Manager
- Director Oil & Gas